Advanced Dental Treatments to Improve Your Appearance and Self-Confidence
Advanced dental treatments and materials can make a real difference in improving your appearance and self-confidence. The skill, experience, and commitment of our practice in using a unique combination of science and artistry can literally redesign your smile. Even a subtle change in your smile can make a big difference. Dr. DeCapite can help you get the smile you want.
Click on a button below to display more information on a topic.
Occlusal Guards to Minimize Effects of Grinding
Removable dental appliances which are designed to minimize the effects of bruxism (grinding) and other occlusal factors.The Occlusal Guard is designed for patients with several different dental issues. The guard is recommended for patients who:
- Grind and clench their teeth – The Occlusal Guard will eliminate or greatly reduce clenching or grinding. Even in those who still brux, the damage being done to the teeth will stop.
- Have headaches or facial pain – The Occlusal Guard can significantly reduce or eliminate pain by allowing the patient’s muscles to relax. It also allows the patient’s own anatomy and muscles to place facial joints in the most natural position while reducing muscle activity.
- Have had cosmetic or restorative dentistry – The Occlusal Guard will protect any restorative or cosmetic dentistry and the natural dentition. The Occlusal Guard creates longevity for our restorations and prolongs the life of natural teeth.
- Want to keep their teeth properly aligned – The Occlusal Guard will hold both upper and lower teeth in their present position and prevent orthodontic relapse.
- Are preparing for restorative work – The Occlusal Guard creates joint stability and muscle coordination, allowing clients to balance their bite with confidence.
- Have joints that pop and click – The Occlusal Guard reduces the forces in the joint by reducing muscle activity and stops the progressive breakdown of the joint.
- Have symptoms that make a diagnosis difficult – The Occlusal Guard is an excellent diagnostic tool that allows our staff to distinguish between muscle problems and internal derangements of the joint.
- Have cracks, fracture lines or weakened teeth – The Occlusal Guard protects existing tooth structure and prevents further damage